About Me THE BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF MYSELF
My name is Angel Zhang. I am a current master student in Computer Science at Yale University graduating in May of 2018, and I received a B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering from Cooper Union in 2017. I pursued my education in the US alone when I was only sixteen, starting my journey of being independent. A big part of this independence was being able to fully explore my interests and refine my career goals.
I have always been involved in building different software projects using various techniques. For example, leading two other members, I built a real-time, multi-player, competitive card game from the ground up. In this project, as a programmer and manager, I designed the overall system architecture and gathered the team together to refine how each component could better communicate in terms of consistency and efficiency.
In addition to the knowledge I've obtained from my education, my dedication to software engineering further expanded into my working experiences over the summer. I explored my interests in the development of platform solutions in the context of Big Data systems through my internship at Intel, where I joined the architecture team under the IoTG (Internet of Things Group). I was the only young female engineer within a team of several middle-aged experienced engineers. I contributed to my team through generating ideas about how possible IoT solutions could be implemented and further extended into its nontraditional areas like education and household. Despite the age gap and the gender difference, I not only managed technical discussions across marketing and software engineering groups and with the clients, but also broadened our conversations just through brain storming what and how future technologies could benefit areas of Art, Literature, or Music in a revolutionary way.
Currently, as an entrepreneur and engineer, I have organized a team of three developers to create an online gallery and marketplace, which has made it into the final round of the national SASETank startup competition. Collaborating with my teammates, I have launched our MVP (minimum viable product). As a software developer, I designed user-friendly webpages from the ground up, constructed a database based on my previous knowledge, and researched how better to implement a search engine for the website.
Meanwhile, as a startup founder, I walked out of my comfort zone and started constructing and pivoting the business model through conducting, gathering and analyzing the information from our massive marketing researches. In addition, I initiated connections with school alumni, art galleries, and hospitals to test our business hypotheses, to discover our potential customers, and finally to adapt swift, necessary changes accordingly. I believe that empowered by technology, e-commerce selling platforms would continue to generate considerable revenue, and I am creative in my approach to problem solving, especially in this fast-paced business growing and evolving environments.
I’d be very interested in discussing whether I can be of any benefit to your team. Looking forward to hearing from you very soon, and thank you in advance.Download Resume (Tech) Download Resume (Non-Tech)
*You can follow the link to learn more about me, outside of work.
2017 - 2018
Computability and Logic, Database Systems, Deep Learning Theory and Applications, Distributed Systems, Intelligent Robotics, Linear Models, Natural Language Processing, and Advanced Management of Software Development
2013 - 2017
The Cooper Union
Artificial Intelligence-IS, Computer Graphics, Computer Operating System, Software Eng & Large System Design, Eng & Entrepreneurship, and Eng Management
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, Recording Secretary
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Member
Dean's List, All Semesters
Full-tuition Scholarship, 2013-2017
William C. and Ester Hoffman Beller Prize, for merit in engineering studies
2010 - 2013
Lake Forest Academy
Cumulative G.P.A: 3.94Cum Laude Society, the highest academic honor awarded, Member
LFA Varsity Swimming Team, Athlete(Girl Team) & Manager(Boy Team)
All-School Award: Scienc Department Award, 2013
All-School Award: Mathematics Department Award, 2012
2nd Place overall, ICTM State Math Contest, 2012
1st Place of 8-Person Junior/Senior Team, ICTM Regional Math Contest, 2012
2017 - Present
• Launched the minimum-viable-product(MVP) in May, and continued to maintain the website service and update the product features weekly.
• Delegated team to financial stability oversight, marketing campaign design, and software developments. Connected with potential influencers, suppliers, and clients. Conducted market researches, competitive analysis, and financial projections, tested business hypotheses, and quickly adapted feedbacks.
• Collaborated and performed pitch to prospective artists, potential investors, and startup coaches. One of four finalists in the national SASETank 2017 entrepreneurial competition, and will present in the SASE national conference in October.
2016 - 2017
The Cooper Union
• Instructed students on using MATLAB, a leading computational mathematics platform for engineers and scientists; One-contact hour every week.
• Developed syllabus through discussions with the department Dean, prepared weekly presentations for a class of 15 students, and hosted office hours. Designed, assigned, and graded select problem sets throughout the course. Cooperated students’ feedbacks into course schedule.
• Collaborated with multi-company session for IoT Demo Preparation at Intel Developer Forum (IDF) 2015 San Francisco.
• Designed an architecture for Big Data system and provided platform solutions including hardware and software approaches to clients.
• Partnered with Intel internal software teams and provided support at the customer site.
• Co-inventor of new solution for real-time video distribution
Patent pending: Adaptive Workload Distribution for Network of Video Processors. Intel Corporation, Shanghai, China, 2015
INSIGMA Technology Co. Ltd.
• Customized the design of ARM cluster for the development of image processing softwaCustomized the design of ARM cluster for the development of image processing software under the supervision of the head of hardware department.
• Continuously tested each release against automated tests along with SQL injections, CSRF, and XSS. Applied Google Analytics to conduct an A/B test and perform traffic analysis.
• Practiced SCRUM and Agile software process with effective use of Git for version control and TrelloBoard for managing product and sprint backlogs. Hosted weekly meetings for sprint planning and retrospective, and documented the progress as sprint reports.
• Worked in a team of two, and deployed Blockchain on a peer-to-peer system in C++, considering a specific Smart City scenario, where hashed information of the image and video from surveillance cameras are managed and shared by multiple IoT nodes for decentralization and public auditing purposes.
• Created a real-time web monitoring application to visualize all the information contained in the Blockchian blocks.
2016 - 2017
• Led a team of three, and designed the system architecture of a robot mouse, cooperating locomotion, sensing, control, and software subsystems so that the robot autonomously solves a 16-by-16 random maze in the Micromouse Competition hosted by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE).
• Invented a motion calibration algorithm in Arduino, and implemented a maze solving algorithm based on Flood Fill Algorithm.
• Generated documentations, created posters, developed presentations, prepared live demos for monthly school-wide panel critique.
• Developed a power point and demo cases to show the challenges and the accomplishments of the final product to the class.
• Produced a game-playing program, which plays Othello against users, based on the Minimax Search with Alpha-Beta Pruning Algorithm in Java.
• Designed a game GUI in java swing, indicating scores, a history log of both players’ moves, and next possible moves.
• Developed a training program of a neural network based on the Back-propagation Algorithm in C++.
• Created a testing program of the neural network
• Designed an online version of card game SET, allowing users to customize game modes and to play against each other in real time.
• Led design of system architecture based on client-server model, constructed database in MySQL, implemented game website in JSP, and created game-login GUI in Java swing.
• Presented the final product to the classmates and obtained their feedbacks.
• Designed a program that takes a description of an abstract network and simulates its operation.
• Implemented network components, including hosts, routers, and links, routing algorithm based on Dijkstra's algorithm, and traffic congestion algorithm based on transport layer protocols such TCP as and its variants.
Junior Electrical Engineering Projects
• Designed and built an audio amplifier using two common emitter voltage amplifiers, a Darlington pair current amplifier, and a Class AB push-pull output stage.
• Designed and built an op-amp using only discrete components; combined stages including a differential amplifier input stage, a voltage and current amplification stage, and a Class AB push-pull output stag.
Spring & Fall 2015
• Simulated a startup and created a web service product, Quickipedia, which could facilitate classroom discussions through annotation of web articles with teacher supervision.
• Presented the product demo to the classmates and mentors and obtained their feedbacks.
Let's Keep In Touch!
Thank you for visiting out my profile. If you would like to get into contact with me, please fill out the contact form.
My Contact Information:420 Temple Street,
New Haven, CT 06511.
Telephone: 917 683 4208